Alaska Horse Ranch offers Horse Riding Lessons Wednesday-Sunday, to ages 6 and up. All lessons are on a monthly subscription basis. But if you just want to try a horse for the first time, please take a look at our pony rides.
- First-Time Rider Lessons: Beginners that are new to horses and/or riding will have one-on-one 30 minute lessons to learn the basics until they are ready to join group lessons. Please call our office to book your first beginner lesson, 907-631-1761.
- Continuing Beginner Lessons: Advanced beginner riding lessons are 45 minutes long and may have 1-2 students per instructor. You will tack and groom during the lesson.
- Intermediate, Advanced, and Dressage Lessons: These are 45 minutes long may have 1-3 students per instructor. Please plan to tack up your own horse before your lesson time.
Horse Riding lessons are beneficial for beginners to gain confidence, when needing to work through a trouble spot, or for more advanced riders needing to fine-tune their overall ride. Horse riding offers numerous benefits including developing core strength, improving coordination, exercising the mind, creating time to relax, and encouraging trust. Horse riding lessons from Alaska Horse Ranch provide each student with instruction in correct riding technique in English and Western disciplines in order to safely and enjoyably advance their skills.
Riding Lesson Fee: $60 per lesson
Advanced, Dressage, or Jumping: $85 per lesson
Our instructors have the knowledge and experience to teach appropriate techniques for every age and nearly every experience level. Instruction is tailored to individual learning style using a variety of training methods. Each student is matched with a suitable horse for their skill level to enhance the success of our program. Horse riders must be six years or older in order to ride.
When coming to your first Riding Lesson, please come 10-15 minutes early to fill out paperwork and to fit you with a lesson horse to suit your needs and riding level.
Students provide for each lesson:
- Long pants
- Boots with a low heel and no heavy tread
- Helmet (may also be provided by our facility)
Alaska Horse Ranch provides for each lesson:
- Grooming equipment
- Helmets available upon request
When booking your lesson, you may choose anyone of our instructors by availability. The horse used for your lesson will be chosen by your instructor based on your skill level. A one hour lesson includes 15 minutes tack your horse, 30-40 minutes in the saddle and another 5-10 minutes for un-tacking, grooming, putting away equipment.
Our commitment to you:
- To provide a fun and safe riding experience for your rider.
- To give excellent instruction on the fundamentals of good horsemanship.
Your commitment to us:
- Arrive in time for the start of your lesson.
- Notify us if you are running late by calling or texting 907-631-1761.