We are no longer giving lessons to young children due to the lack of staff. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Other facilities that can give riding lessons for youth are:
Our Little Farm (907) 851-8900
Flying Horse (907) 745-3344
Sunderland Ranch (907) 982-7268
Rockin’ B Ranch (907) 351-6286
Alaska Horse Ranch offers Horse Riding Lessons Wednesday-Sunday to ages 12 and up. All lessons are on a monthly subscription basis.
- Continuing Beginner Lessons: Advanced beginner riding lessons are 45 minutes long and may have 1-5 students per instructor. You will tack and groom during the lesson.
- Intermediate, Advanced, and Dressage Lessons: These are 45 minutes long may have 1-5 students per instructor. Please plan to tack up your own horse before your lesson time.
Horse Riding lessons are beneficial for beginners to gain confidence, when needing to work through a trouble spot, or for more advanced riders needing to fine-tune their overall ride. Horse riding offers numerous benefits including developing core strength, improving coordination, exercising the mind, creating time to relax, and encouraging trust. Horse riding lessons from Alaska Horse Ranch provide each student with instruction in correct riding technique in English and Western disciplines in order to safely and enjoyably advance their skills.
Riding Lesson Fee: $320 per month
Bi-Weekly Lesson Fee: $160 per month
Advanced, Dressage or Jumping: $400 per month
Bi-Weekly Advanced, Dressage or Jumping: $200 per month
Our instructors have the knowledge and experience to teach appropriate techniques for every age and nearly every experience level. Instruction is tailored to individual learning style using a variety of training methods. Each student is matched with a suitable horse for their skill level to enhance the success of our program. Horse riders must be twelve years or older in order to ride.
When coming to your first Riding Lesson, please come 10-15 minutes early to fill out paperwork and to fit you with a lesson horse to suit your needs and riding level.
Students provide for each lesson:
- Long pants
- Boots with a low heel and no heavy tread
- Helmet (may also be provided by our facility)
Alaska Horse Ranch provides for each lesson:
- Grooming equipment
- Helmets available upon request
When booking your lesson, you may choose anyone of our instructors by availability. The horse used for your lesson will be chosen by your instructor based on your skill level. A one hour lesson includes 15 minutes tack your horse, 30-40 minutes in the saddle and another 5-10 minutes for un-tacking, grooming, putting away equipment.
Our commitment to you:
- To provide a fun and safe riding experience for your rider.
- To give excellent instruction on the fundamentals of good horsemanship.
Your commitment to us:
- Arrive in time for the start of your lesson.
- Notify us if you are running late by calling or texting 907-631-1761.